December 31, 2015

2015 Year-end review

  **Click here to read last year's year-end review.


sailing jargon I think I'm finally learning the terms of sailing {about time, I know}. As far as the actual art of sailing goes, yeah, I still have a lot to learn!! Better watch Captain Ron again! {I'm not kidding}

•it's back to the v-berth Oy, this ought to be interesting! We've been sleeping in the aft cabin ever since we bought the new boat, but hubs swears this v-berth is bigger than our last one. So, we're going to give it a whirl.....to be continued. 

Houstonion Drivers are the worst! Bless their hearts, they don't know how to drive to save their lives. I figured this out last year, but I thought I better give myself more time, before I judge their ways. All my life, I've heard how the traffic is the worst in Houston and I now know why. A few examples: 

A.) it's not uncommon to have a five mile, bumper-to-bumper backup for a slight curve in the road. Seriously? 

2.) they constantly block intersections...and nothing is ever their fault 

D.) they don't understand the concept of little road yields to big road....it's a free for all, I tell ya! 

These people would never make it in DFW...Never. I could seriously write a whole post on this, but I will spare you any more pain {lucky you}!! 

easy-bake oven I have finally become more comfortable cooking with my mini-oven. I even know how to light the pilot light and I will now cook even if Joe isn't here....that never happened with our other boat. 

appreciate the little things our brief stint of being homeless {between boats} greatly reminded me to never take the little things for granted....like an easy-bake oven and everything else! 

our nameless boat remains unnamed. Our poor boat will start off the new year with no name. It's sad, really! We actually have a name for her, but our graphics guy....well, I've already been on one soap box this post so I'll just leave it at that. 

Movie reference Did anyone catch the movie reference above? Joe and I might have a small problem....you see, we incorporate movie/tv quotes into our conversations on a daily basis. True dat, Ernesto! See, it just happened again! 




2015 sure has been an interesting year....I  wonder what 2016 will bring for us!!!

Thanks for following along with us {another year} on our life afloat!! Oh, and Happy New Year!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to live on a boat. We actually were going to do the same very thing you guys did when my husband became a boat mechanic. Then I started to think about cats and all our stuff....plus the hubs doesn't do well with small spaces. LOL Glad to of found you again!!

    ReplyDelete