January 12, 2016

The story behind the {almost} shiner....

I feel like I should start a "You know you live on a boat, when:" segment to the blog, or maybe just the Facebook page. 

A few week's ago, I told you how my scrabble words were all boat terms, this new entry Is even better! 

If you saw my amateur video clip last week of the walk through on our new boat, I briefly mentioned my near hit & miss. Well, here's the whole story on that almost black eye! 

Apparently, when I dream, I really live in the moment. One night I was dreaming we were at a restaurant and Joe's coke got knocked over and was about to run off the table into my lap, so I quickly stood up {in my dream}. But in reality, I sat up really fast in bed and smacked the side of my face and corner of my eye into the roof/wall/window of the boat. 

While it was sore for a few days, it never actually discolored my face, which I was very happy about. But man it hurt so bad I was sorta shocked it didn't bruise. In case you were wondering, that is not the way I ever want to wake up again. Ouch! 

So, that is one of the reasons why we are now sleeping in the vberth. But really, hubs is the main reason we made the cabin switch. See, I made him sleep up against the wall in the aft cabin and there are apparently a few more obstacles on that side of that bed, so he was always hitting his elbow or knee or both. 

After a couple of nights in the vberth I was convinced that he was right {don't tell him I said that} about this vberth being bigger than on our last boat. So hopefully we won't have any disputes about it, like last time. :/

Ahh, the joys of living on a boat! :)

And because I don't like posting a post without any pictures...here's a shot of last night's sunset {that you may or may not have already seen} but I think it's beauty is worth repeating!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment