January 3, 2015

Year-end review

It has been 7 months since we moved aboard our floating home and this is what we have discovered:

• V-berth disputes continue
Hubs still thinks I take up most of the bed and hog all of the covers, whereas I know that that is incorrect and I have pictures to prove it! ;)

• Projects have come to a halt 
We have been talking about trading up to a bigger boat. So, we are at a standstill with all boat-related projects. No need to keep putting money into this boat, if we are going to turn around & sell it in a couple of months. By the way, did you know the word boat is actually an acronym for, Bring On Another Thousand? 
Well, now you know! =}

• Living without 
I think we have learned what we can and what we cannot live without. 
For example, we have {somewhat} peacefully lived for almost a full month now, without a microwave! Yeah, I'm just as shocked as you are. :) 

• Sailing
Hubs still knows way more than I do and
I still have so much to learn, but what else is new?  And although, I was more of a motor yacht girl {my heart beats Meridian} when we started,  I do see the beauty in sailboats, sailing, etc.. And I do love sailboats a little bit more now that I've lived on ours! ;)

• Plan B & sometimes C, D & E 
This mostly applies to cooking{like when you get halfway through cooking dinner and you run out of propane}, but I've learned it's good to have a plan b for most anything boat related. Whether it be due to rain, lack of propane, or just about anything you can think of. :)


• Cat-like reflexes
I still may be somewhat of a clutz, but boat living has definitely taught me to have more cat-like reflexes! Hubs has even said, {on more than one occasion, I might add} that he was surprised that I caught whatever was falling, whether it be sunglasses, phone, remote or even myself. =)

• Quarter shortage 
You can never have enough quarters! Now that we use a laundromat to do our laundry, I've found that there is always a shortage of quarters! We have a designated quarter bowl on the boat that is only used to collect quarters for laundry. Just when the bowl starts filling up, the hamper overloads and our stash is depleted, again! My mom had asked what we wanted for Christmas....she wanted to be sure it was something we would have room for and something we would use.....I told her to get us a roll of quarters!  I don't know why she didn't go for it!! ha ha ;) 



Happy New Year!!! 

Thank-you for following along with our life afloat! 
See you next year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment