January 13, 2015

I live on a boat

Sometimes, I can't believe I actually live on a boat...and not just a boat, my boat?!? When you wake up in the morning, in that first instance, right before you open your eyes, for all I know I could be sleeping in our bed in our old house {after all, we did bring the memory foam topper onto the boat, so it does feel like our old bed, minus the odd v-berth shape} and then, I open my eyes and I'm on a sailboat....my sailboat!! It's insane, but in a good way! =}

Last night, hubs asked me if I ever thought we would actually live on a boat. My response? "No." It's not that I didn't want to, it's just something I thought would never pan out. People talk about the things they should do all the time, but all it is is talk. I think about having a cattle farm sometimes because of all the memories I have of my Papaw herding cattle. Do I really think that's going to happen one day? No. But then again, I never thought I would be living on a sailboat, so who knows? Someday, I might be calling the cows out to the pasture & hauling hay. 

What would be awesome, is if we bought
a small farming island. This I see is the best of both worlds!! We could anchor out & still live on our boat. I would take a dinghy ride to shore and tend to the cows! Sounds perfect, doesn't it?


And bonus, I would never have to worry about not having a good steak! You see, that is a major concern for me right now, because when we start sailing full time, it's going to be all seafood. And well, anyone who truly knows me, knows I'm a beef girl! Nothing from the sea, for me! I know, I know....the irony of it all is quite amusing!!!

On the other hand, I know there's swimming pigs in the Bahamas so at least, maybe I'll have some bacon? Other than that, I will be stocking up on a lot of beef jerky before we leave! ;) 

2 comments: