December 2, 2014

Rustic is the new lazy!

Rustic is the new lazy? What is she talking about?? Well, I'm so glad you asked....let me tell you! : ) Most people use the word rustic to describe a house, such as a rustic log cabin home! I, on the other hand, use it to spruce up the term lazy! =}

Last night Joe and I were cooking dinner. That's right! He was actually helping me cook!! I'd like to say I'm as shocked as you are, but surprisingly, he has been helping out more in the kitchen, er galley, since moving onto the boat! : )

We were going to grill out, but a brisk wind and colder temps made hubs decide to cook the meat inside, so he volunteered to cook it while I was making the rustic ranch potatoes. 

Joe wasn't sure what rustic ranch potatoes were, so I told him they were ranch potatoes but I am too lazy to peel the skins. {Now, whenever I don't want to take the time to peel the potatoes first, I simply add the word 'rustic' to the beginning of the recipe title and leave the skins intact}  ergo, rustic ranch potatoes!

He then says, "I like how we use rustic instead of lazy.....sounds much better!"

So, without further ado....here are my Rustic Ranch Potatoes....and might I add, they were delicious and so was the steak!!!

{you can find the recipe to these scrumptious, rustic potatoes on the one-dish wonders tab}

No comments:

Post a Comment