December 11, 2014

Knot what you think

Unless, you're thinking knots vs. nots, than yes! this post is exactly what you think! :)

I decided it was about time to learn how to tie some knots, so that's what I did! 

First, I bought this handy dandy lil' book.
Next, I started, well, tying knots. :)

First up, is the square knot....
This has got to be one of the easiest knots to tie....plus, I already knew this one, thanks to my dad who taught me this as a child! Just wish I had remembered all the other knots he taught me. :) 

Here's my sad attempt at a triple bowline....
Oddly enough, I was not successful with the normal bowline knot, but had little-to-no problems achieving the triple....yeah, I don't get it either! :)

And finally, the scaffold knot....
This one seemed fairly easy....which probably means I didn't do it correctly, but it looks like the picture in the book, so, I'm gonna say it was a success!!! 

That's it for now! I tried several other knots, but they did not look like what the book showed! I think I need a different size line to practice with(?)....yeah, that sounds good....that's what I'm gonna go with!!! :)

Until then....




2 comments:

  1. Half hitch.....That's the only other one I remember :)

    ReplyDelete