December 5, 2014

Like looking in a mirror!

Thanksgiving review:

I think this was the first time we were around (a whole lotta) family after having moved onto the boat...so we got questioned a bit on, How we like it? What we think? What do we miss (that we gave up)? Etc, etc.... We didn't mind though, it was sorta nice, having that many people interested in our liveaboard life! :)

We were at hubs' family when I heard someone ask him about how we liked living on a boat? I couldn't help but notice the other people at the table and how intently they were listening in. {I guess they (somehow) missed the memo of us moving aboard} It was like looking into a mirror of us from 1-year ago!!! She was excited of the thought of it, but not sure it  would ever happen....he was thrilled with the idea and couldn't wait to do it himself! Earlier that day, I was talking to one of Joe's cousins and she brought up the Tiny House blog and how they even thought they could do it....it being, sell off everything & basically become minimalists who live in an extremely small {compared to most} space! 

I'm sure most people think we are going to regret giving everything up...or at least some thing's, and I do!! But, the things I miss are not any {actual} items. I do however, miss a freezer that has the ability to freeze ice cream. Thankfully though, my mom sent my dad back to the store just to pickup some Blue Bell Coffee ice cream, for moi!!! I may or may not have had more than one bowl ;)     ....I was strong all summer long and didn't buy any ice cream, but I refuse to go another summer, sans ice cream. And, I have already told warned Joe not to be surprised when he comes home from work one day to see me sitting on the dock with a half gallon of ice cream and a spoon! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment