November 24, 2014

The Great Divide

The great cookie divide, that is. It's not all about sailing & living aboard
....sometimes, it's just about cookies!!!

So, this weekend I made cookies! Yum!! Every time I make homemade chocolate chip cookies, I have to split the dough in half and put in two seperate bowls, mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips in one bowl and white chocolate chips in the other bowl and then bake the cookies. Hubs seems to think the semi sweet is too sweet and I seem to think....he is wrong! :) 

Making homemade cookies is a bit tricky on a boat. I used to think making the cookie dough took the longest time and baking them went by quick. But when you have an oven that's not much bigger than an easy-bake oven....it takes quite some time to bake 3 dozen cookies. Oh, but there's nothing better than a homemade chocolate chip cookie!!! 

Everybody, okay, 2 people have asked me how do I get the cookies soft & chewy, every time? The answer is simply this, 350°, less baking time and DO NOT use butter in this recipe. I know, I know, I'm usually the butter advocate. But for this recipe, you only want to use margarine. 

So, what is my recipe, you ask? I'll tell you! 

So, which do you prefer?  Semi-Sweet or White Chocolate Chip?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I knew I could count on 1 person to agree with me!! ;) they are killing me on our facebook page though, I am way out numbered. :/

      Delete