July 13, 2015

The back yard needs mowing!!!

Our yard needs mowing!! Yeah right, that's a sentence we don't use anymore!! In fact, I think that's hubs' favoritist thing about living on a boat....NO grass to mow!!! The other day, I heard him telling someone, "he hadn't mowed grass in over a year & what a great feeling that was". I was thinking, "you haven't mowed grass in longer than the time we've lived on a boat", because I did 70% of the mowing when we lived on land!!  But, I digress!! I let him think his memories are accurate! ;)  I, on the other hand, actually miss mowing grass....sometimes....a little bit....okay, not much!!! :)


This is the current view of our "back yard", pretty sure there's no need for mowing!!! Maybe, some fishing! Unfortunately, we are not allowed to fish in the marina. Not that anyone would want to eat the guys swimming around in here! But, I don't eat fish anyway, so I would just throw them back! 

I watched Jaws for the first time e.v.e.r. last night at our marina liveaboards bbq pavilion/outdoor theater!! {that's a mouthful} I know, I know, who waits until the 40th anniversary of a movie, to watch it for the first time?!! Well, all I can say to that, is, I've always been late to joining in on the latest trends!!! :)

Almost positive I saw a shark this morning in our "back yard"!! I really don't know what it was, I only heard the big splash & saw the bottom fin....but it was huge, whatever it was!!!


{this is one of last times Joe was on a mower....and giving (one of) our adorable niece(s) a morning ride in her pj's doesn't really scream "mowing the grass"}....but, it sure is a cute photo!!! 


1 comment:

  1. I like mowing grass!!....just not on the side of a cliff that we live on now :)

    ReplyDelete