July 27, 2015

So what have we been up to? Well...

We have been super busy lately! I guess that's what summer is all about, right? A whole lot of nonstop busy and plenty of go, go go....but that's why I love summer!!! 

We had lots of family come down to see us this summer, which is always really nice....it makes moving away from home not seem so bad. 

Joe's sister and her husband & kids came in for their annual Galveston beach camping trip, so we took them out sailing 
one night, watched the fireworks and then hung out at the beach with them!!

These adorable lil'cuties {two of my nieces that I used to watch before we moved down here} came and spent one night with us on the boat! They loved it and we loved getting to see them!!

My brothers two boys came and spent two weeks with us on the boat!! Lots of swimming took place and their new favorite about coming to stay on the boat is, swinging off the bow and landing in the water! 

What else has been going on? Let's see, hubs has been working a lot and I have been looking for work. I applied & interviewed at a doctor's office where the dr said he had over 200 applicants for that one position. On the one hand I'm lucky to have had 2 interviews, but on the other hand it's tough finding a job when there's this much competition and even harder when most of the jobs require you to be bilingual. Ugh!! That's sorta discriminative, ya know....when you won't even be considered for a job (that you are well qualified for) on the sole purpose of not being bilingual, I call that, languagism! I thought we lived in America where we spoke English and got jobs because we not only spoke the language, but because we were qualified for them! But hey, what do I know? Well, other than another language!!  ðŸ™„

In other areas, we still can't decide on what sailboat we want next, so we haven't listed our current boat, yet. Plus, I told Joe that I want to try to wait until it gets colder to sell this one, because if there's a chance that we are homeless again (like last time) while in between boats and have to stay in a hotel I'd rather do that in the winter time. Besides, we are not cold weather sailors anyways and barely take the boat out, unless it's warm outside so it just makes sense. 

Although that being said, I don't know how much longer I can take. While I truly love our newer boat, there's nothing to be done on this boat unless we want to make improvements. Which I can't justify putting money into it if we already know we are going to sell it. Hubs and I are both project people! And while I don't really want to do a whole refit on our next boat, I do think we both would enjoy a boat that needs a little work done. 

It has been raining here for the last few days, and though I know we need the rain, I am having major sunset picture withdrawals. It is cloudy from the time I get up until I go to bed and that just doesn't bode well with me....I need my sunshine!! We did get a brief glimpse of blue sky the other day, but it was just a false  advertisement. It was back to all clouds in no time. 

Oh well, our life afloat is still pretty amazing, even on the cloudy days!!

Until next time.....





2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your summer fun! I wish I had been one of your family visits though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! But at least I got to see you this past weekend!!

      Delete