July 27, 2015

Sail for Sale

Trying to sell a boat, while living on it is a lot harder than selling your house, while still living there. Mainly, I think it's just because it is so much smaller than a house. Plus, there is no real hiding spots to toss something into when you have an unexpected showing...,because every nook and cranny already has something tucked into it. :)

While our boat isn't technically on the market, it is still being shown as if it were. Our broker showed it three times on Saturday {with good reviews} and they are showing it again today!!! Every time I clean it up for a showing, I take a one last look over everything to make sure I have everything staged & looking good and I get a little sad feeling, while simultaneously, feeling excited¡! 



I'm excited because I know how much our current boat has meant to us and I feel we will get that much more out of our next & bigger boat! But, then I'm sad because this is the boat that we started on and she has been so good to us!  She has been the perfect starter boat for us and I feel she will be a great boat for her new owner too, whoever that might be!


All bright & clean and looking so pretty!!!

I hope it sells quick so we can get back to being sailors & liveaboards, but on the other hand I'm not looking forward to being homeless either{since we haven't found our next boat, yet}...I'm hoping it works itself out and just has a domino effect and everything rolls into place perfectly! But since our life isn't a scene from a movie, our backup plan is to stay at an extended stay hotel or something. And while I think it would be sorta nice to have a bathtub again, for a brief time, hubs is not looking forward to a stay on land. I think he will forever be a boat dweller!!

 So, for any of you who were taking bets on when we would give up this boat life....we are not done yet, we are just moving towards a bigger boat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment