June 15, 2015

Storms a brewing, but we are good!


Right now they're just saying we will get a lot of rain, so we plan on staying put. If it turns into anything more we will definitely be driving north. Our marina is pretty well protected, during Ike there was only one boat slightly damaged and that was a hurricane. I think we will be alright, major issue will be flooding, but our boat floats so we're not terribly worried. The joke around here, is that our work commute will look something like this:


But in all seriousness, we have taken the necessary precautions and put some extra lines out to help secure the boat, if need be. We have floating docks here, so I really don't think it'll be a problem! And that's saying a lot coming from me....most of you who know me, know I'm the first one to freak out in the threat of severe weather.....but I am pretty calm, for now anyways! 

Here's a glimpse of our sunset from this evening....this view never gets old!!!


UPDATE: tropical disturbance 91L has now been upgraded to Tropical Storm Bill
.....and yes, I am still calm....mostly....somewhat....I'm starting to think about freaking out...I'll get back to you!!! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment