June 12, 2015

Max Capacity


A couple of weeks ago we were at max capacity on the boat! We had six people sleeping on the boat one night and it was a wee bit tight!!!

My brother & SIL had come in to pickup our nephews that had spent the week with us and they decided to stay the night, before driving back to their house in Louisiana. It was nice getting to visit with them a little, since we don't get to see them very often!

While we certainly have no intentions of purchasing our next boat with the mindset of who might come & stay with us on the boat, their overnight visit did help me to think of some things that could be helpful to have on our next boat, should we be at max capacity in the future. 

I still vote on having two, separate cabins, it's a must in my book! Mainly because I'm tired of sleeping in the vberth and I want a more normal shaped bed. Hubs on the other hand, goes back & forth, which makes me {go crazy, well that too, but no}, it makes me wonder if we should go with the dream boat or find a project boat for cheap?

We both really enjoy projects....hubs likes to build new things and I find pleasure in  decorating and redecorating. We both like to revamp the unvampable {is that even a word? doesn't sound right}. 

On the other hand, the dream boat would need little to no work, if any at all. Which can be a good thing, even for us projectiers....now that's definitely not a word! 


The above picture accurately describes my brain right now. I can't possibly decide which road sign is needed because I can't decide which job needs to be addressed first. I can see the benefits from both choices, but, for the life of me, I don't know if I should go left or right at the nearby fork in the road. 

Now, let's go back to boats: 

-The dream boat would prob not need any work, but would most likely cost $$$ and in turn take longer to pay for it, so, we would have to work/save longer before we could go cruising. 

-While the project boat would most likely cost $ need about $ this much more in work{for a total of $$} and most assuredly allow us to go cruising quicker. 

Seems like a no-brainer until I tell you that the dream boat comes with those 2 desperately desired separate cabins and the project boat.....not so much. 


I'm sure we will find the next boat soon enough, I just hope we both don't end up compromising too much. 

See, living on a boat is not all sunshine & roses! We have tough decisions to make, like, what we want....on our next boat!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment