October 6, 2014

Long week

All this working has left me no time for blogging. :/  So, it's not as bad as I make it sound, but still. When you go from a job you absolutely love, to not working for 3 months, to working a job 4 days/week....you lose a lot of spare time, that I had really gotten used to!

When hubs and I first arrived here, 4 short months ago, we were {real-life} friended, by 2 great couples that we have become really good friends with!! One of those couples, up and left us this week and the other couple is leaving in two weeks. :( No, it's nothing we did. This is all part of getting used to the cruising community. Meet new people, make friends and then someone leaves....one of these days, it'll be us leaving and oh, what a happy {and for moi, an anxiety-ridden} day that will be!! So for now, we will be excited for our friends' new journeys and impatiently wait our turn! 

This week we said Bon Voyage to Sailing Saga Sea, better known as, Steve & Tracie{the couple standing, on the right side of the pic, below}. They are currently somewhere between Galveston & Isla Mujeres. We are definitely going to miss hanging out with them! 
 {the couple, seated in the above pic, is Mike & Joyce from s/v MiJoy}
 In a couple of weeks they will be headed towards the Bahamas!!! Joe joked about being stowed away on Saga Sea, but I might actually hide myself on MiJoy & go to the Bahamas with them! ;) 
 
Those two ladies {in the above pic} made my move, away from family {for the first time, ever} a little easier....They took me in and taught me so much about living aboard and the life of a sailor's wife....and to never bring any cardboard aboard!!!! ....you don't realize how much cardboard you have in your home until you cannot have a.n.y. on board, with you!  

Beyond work & hanging out with friends, we have had cooler fall temps arrive. It would be fine if the weather stayed like this, but I know this is just the start of the bitter-cold temps that I loathe.....clearly, I am not a fan of winter, but we all knew this. :]

We ended the week with brunch at the club. It was nice being able to sit outside and it not be humid, for once.  We went and watched a movie {for the 1st time in....I can't even remember when} and we did more organizing, re-organizing & throwing out what we really don't need....the story of a liveaboard's life. 

This life really shows you, that things are just that, things. What's really important in life, is the people you surround yourself  with, on a daily basis.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment