August 1, 2014

Soaking up the tunes!!

Ever since our move to the boat, people have been asking us, what do we miss?   I'm sure they're thinking that we will say, land, or our house, more space, but the answer has always been "nothing, we don't miss a thing, since moving,  {emphasis on the word, 'thing'}. 

It wasn't until our recent trip to Fort Worth that we discovered there was something that we missed. What is that thing, you ask? .....the vast, selection of DFW radio stations! The options just don't even compare.
And what I don't understand is, Houston is a big city too, just like the metroplex, but they only have four decent channels. It's crazy!  

Everytime we got in the car, we
made sure the radio was turned on {not that it's ever really off}  and that the volume was up loud!

We were almost back to the boat when we heard an old song that Joe swears it was written about him {even though he wasn't born yet}. Maybe you've heard it before, it goes a little something like this......

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better looking each day.
To know me is to love me.....
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
but I'm doing the best that I can."

He's right! I don't know anyone that's met him, that doesn't love him! And, I happen to think he gets better looking each day....Yeah, I think I'll keep him around! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment