August 27, 2014

Houston, I docked the boat!

Houston, er Kemah {& online world} I docked the boat!!!!

For all the established sailors reading this, this will most likely sound like nothing. But, for this girl, it was a major feat!! And, I think I did pretty good for my first time...I even killed a spider {that was crawling around the cockpit} whilst pulling the boat into our slip. That's right. I said, whilst. :-) 
    [obviously, this isn't me actually docking the boat, but, it's the only photo I had of myself at the helm]

Back to my awesome docking of the boat....we had taken the boat out briefly and I got to {drive it} back to our slip. It was a little nerve-racking, but something I had been wanting to learn. 

Sure, I need more practice because the boat was a little crooked. But still, I think I did great for it being my first try!! ;]

I'm learning, I'm learning....before we know it, I'll be a real-life sailor...sailor-ette?!? 

1 comment:

  1. As long as you didn't tear up the boat or the dock...I call it seccessful. ��

    ReplyDelete