August 15, 2014

Rainy days = sewing days

This post is probably going to be more interesting to our women readers rather than the men.....unless, there's men out there that sew, which I'm sure there is. Joe can sew, though he rarely does. He saves that talent for days when I'm ready to strap dynamite to the sewing machine and throw it overboard {or out the window when we lived on land}. 


Seems I have a bit of a blue/green addiction!! :) 

Today I'm {attempting} to sew pillow covers for the cockpit pillows{that aren't really pillows}, a yoga mat bag, and I'm revamping our salon curtains.....now I need to get to work! 

He cut....
I sewed.....and together, we spruced up our salon curtains!


Then, I whipped up some pillow covers for the cockpit pillows. Which, as I said before, are not really pillows, but rather beach towels rolled up. I think they turned out pretty good!!! Especially, since they started out as kitchen towels from IKEA! 
Most items on the boat are dual-purpose items....Meaning, we can't just have 20 million throw pillows{I so wish we could...well, at least we could have twenty pillows} but the towels need someplace to go when not in use, hence the dual-purpose! So, basically, I made pillowcases....but, pillow covers sound way more complex...so that's what I'm going with! :)

Next up, is my yoga mat bag! 
After a short geometry lesson from hubs, I  re-purposed my laundry bag into a bag to hold my yoga mat....and, I love it! Now, let's just hope I'm coordinated enough to survive yoga classes!! :/

I'm sure there will be more sewing in our future, but for now, the rain is gone and the sewing machine is back in storage. 

Now, it's time to go enjoy the rest of Joe's sunny, warm-weather weekend!! 

1 comment:

  1. Love everything! Y'all have been busy! I need one of those yoga mat bags...you're going to have to give me a sewing lesson!!

    ReplyDelete