July 13, 2014

Nightly V-Berth Disputes

Most nights, ok, every night, we have the same dispute...."I don't have any covers" and/or "I only have this much{hands gesturing approximately, a foot & a half} room". 

We do have two cabins on the boat but the v-berth cabin is slightly bigger{yet, oddly shaped} & a little more user friendly than the aft cabin, so we sleep in the v-berth. 

Pre-story....back on land | Hubs' insists on sleeping with a body pillow{which I've dubbed as Bertha(strangely enough, she was given said name long before we even had the boat & slept in a v-berth)}. Bertha got on my nerves in a normal bed on land. When we were packing,  I told Joe there wasn't going to be enough room for all three of us on a boat...one of us was going overboard & it wasn't going to be me! I vaguely remember Joe, at this point, muttering my words back to me while making his mimicking  faces{something my oldest brother used to do to me...he knew what buttons to push & I wouldn't talk to him for hours}. Needless to say, that conversation didn't go any further....

Back to the boat | Somehow, Bertha made it on board....but I don't think that Joe should get 2/3's of the bed just because he chooses to have a huge pillow. I say, split the bed down the middle & if you want more room, get rid of Bertha! It only looks like I have more room because I don't have a body pillow taking up half of my side. 

Another Bertha drawback is the covers: he says, I take them all, but Bertha is the one that's wrapped up in them{usually a few times}. 

The other night I woke up around 3am because I didn't even have enough room to turn over! I opened my eyes to see this: 
That's right! 
Knowing full well he'd never believe me in the morning, I took a picture for proof!! A picture is worth a thousand words and those words tell me, him & Bertha are taking up most of the bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment