November 10, 2015

Fixing things already!

Every boat owner knows, there's always something that needs fixing! The fix list over this past weekend was replace the shower sump and buy a new head, because apparently this one is shot. And, because it wouldn't be true boat life if only one thing needed to be fixed, our refrigerator also decided to crap out on us {pun intended}. No refrigeration and no head....two pretty major items for full time liveaboards and yet, I don't know how they both went unnoticed in the survey that was just done. 

Poor hubs had to work on the head on his day off. It was already a crappy day {no pun intended} because we couldn't go out sailing, again. We've had the boat 3 weekends now and every time he has a day off, it rains. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!! 


So we, ahem, he replaced the shower sump pump and worked on the head while I focused all my energy on not throwing up....I don't do well with smells and let me tell you, a t-shirt folded up into 16 layers and I was still struggling. Oofta may!!! 


{the smell is all gone now, thank goodness!} 


After all that, I noticed the refrigerator didn't seem as cool as it normally does, so hubs started to diagnose the problem as I tearfully threw out all the food {buh-bye  +/- $30, it was nice knowing you for a brief moment}. Joe figured out that the control module had stopped working. So because the brain isn't telling the arm what to do....it has no choice but to do nothing. And of course you can't just go buy that part, oh no, they want you to buy a brand new unit {um, I don't think so, why replace the whole thing when all we need is a new brain}. However, now we have to find & order it online, so I'm back to not cooking again. Ugh! 


{ding-ding} Order up! .....wish I could show a more glamorous brunch than pb&j on a paper plate, but this is what we eat, sometimes. I've been dreaming of my oven nachos again! Oh how I love them, though I usually make those before we take someone out sailing for a pre-sail snack, I might have to make an exception. Of course I'll probably need to wait until we get the fridge fixed and I actually have food to cook with.....yep, that would probably be smart!! ;)

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment