August 23, 2015

Why am I not more stressed out about being homeless?

I guess I have Irie to thank for that! When we, ahem I, named this blog, it was decided that no matter what boat or boat name we had, the blog would always be Forever Living Irie. Because who wouldn't want to forever live with no worries? Ok sure, there is always going to be some worries, but for the most part, life has certainly taught me that, worrying is no way to live! 


With that in mind, we have lived the last 14 months on Irie, relatively, care free! It's a simpler way of living on a boat and that's fine by us!

Oh, but don't get me wrong though! It's not all sunshine and butterflies! There are plenty of day to day chores to take care of, week to week maintainence that is never ending and monthly tasks to stay on top of. Sure we don't have to mow grass anymore, but tell me, how many times a day have you checked to see if your house is taking on water, or growing mold? I think you get the picture! I would even go as far to say that, there is more work living on a boat than when we lived in a house! However, through all the extra work, changing the way we do, almost everything {and I do mean e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.} & constantly thinking outside the box of normalcy, we choose to live with the mindset of, no worries!

As I was typing this post, our boat was already 85% packed up and we had approximately 1 day left before we had to be completely off the boat. I had no idea where we were going to be living in the meantime...but I've got to say, we both look pretty calm & relaxed hanging out in our empty boat for the last time! 


So for now, we are temporarily taking up residence at a nearby extended stay hotel. 

Of course, I am missing my marina-living life already, but this normal shaped bed, bathtub and big TV are a nice change!! What's really great is, being able to watch HGTV's Tiny House Big Living show.....although, that just makes me miss my boat & my own tiny "house" living.   ={

Our mantra has basically become, "We'll make it work...we always do!" 

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment